Wednesday 6 August 2014

Writing fuel...

Hello, lovelies! How's Wednesday treating you? Good, I hope. :)

 Anywho, earlier this week, I was talking about some of my writing influences--Tolkien, Bronte, Austen, to name a few. But my actual inspiration to write--that desperate urge to put pen to paper--can be found in many different places.

For example, the battle scenes in Kingdom of Heaven are, imo, gloriously graphic and distinctly un-Hollywood. They have a 'realism', that many other films depicting this era sadly lack. War is a sweaty, bloody, god-awful business, and I think the director did a fabulous job getting this across on the big screen.

I listened a lot to the 'Kingdom of Heaven' soundtrack while writing 'certain scenes' in 'Wolfsbane'. (I know you'll tell me if it shows!) It really helped get me 'in the mood'. Incidentally, PMS has a very similar effect!

Okay, that's all for now. More editing awaits me. If you're interested, I'll share more inspirational stuff with you another time. Oh, and leave me a message in the comments if there's something particular you want to know about either of my books.

Have a great day/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!