I have my E.I.N. !!! :) I'm sure my non-American writer friends will fully understand my relief at this.
For the benefit of those who don't know an EIN from a spine, it's something non-US tax paying citizens need in order to avoid paying the IRS 30% tax from our monthly Amazon earnings. Yay!
The IRS were very sweet, helpful, and efficient. The lady laughed when I told her I'd been terrified of contacting them. Why? Good question. I guess it's a combination of lapsed-Catholic guilt and a fear of authority or something. Anyway, it's done, and it didn't hurt a bit.
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
It gives me great pleasure to announce that, following a brief and rather dismal dalliance with Kindle Unlimited, my 'Tales of a Travele...
-
But who doesn't enjoy a little ego-stroking after a long, hard, and lonely day at the keyboard? Click on this link and experience the t...
-
Before I joined the online critique group Critique Circle I thought my writing was good. There, I said it. But that was in the days when I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment