Tuesday 14 April 2020

Hello from the inside!


It has been a while, hasn't it, m'dears?

How are you all doing? Staying safe, I hope?

The boundaries of home have defined my world for the past few weeks. (I have a long-term chest condition so I daren't even pop to the corner shop. Hubby does all the shopping now, bless him.)

Our world has become a scarier place and a sadder one. Even so, it seems a far kinder world than the one we left behind.

People look out for one another now, and it's lovely to see so many people taking care of their vulnerable neighbours.

My Nannan always used to say that 'we're a war short'. Was she right?

Could it be that all this 'Social Distancing' has actually brought us closer together? Kind of ironic, don't you think?

But this horrible virus has taken a terrible toll. It's difficult to see a bright side when so many loved ones have paid the ultimate price.

I've had some pretty bleak days; myself, days when my spirits have been lower than an earthworm's bellybutton. (Haven't we all?) The problem is, we can't use jazz-hands and glitter to find a way through this. Not all the time.

It's natural to feel ... overloaded, I guess. Yes, and a wee bit guilty, too.

I'd like to be out there doing something more meaningful than staying home/clapping for key-workers on a Thursday evening/baking cookies for our neighbours and the binmen.

But I can't.

All I can do is keep on keeping on. That's all any of us can do right now.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before we're able to see our loved ones again--not on Zoom or Messenger but in REAL LIFE! Won't that be something? One thing's for darn sure; I'll be hugging them a little harder and holding them a little longer when - or if - I do.

Stay safe, my lovelies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!