Friday 10 July 2015

Big Girl Panties Are Gooooo!

Welcome to Friday!

Okay. *takes big breath* This is a difficult post for me to write, but you've all been so lovely to me, so write it I must. You deserve to know. I've put this off long enough already.

As you probably know, I was hoping to release the third book in spring. Spring came and went then I moved the publication date to the summer. Well the truth is, I'm not sure I'll even be ready by the end of the year.

There. I said it. *exhales*

Ever since Dad died last March, I've been kidding myself it's business as usual, trying to do all the things I usually do. I'm not going to burden you with my woes - you probably have more than  enough of your own - so I'll try to keep this brief.

Losing dad has been bad enough, but on top of that I'm trying to cope with the inevitable paper mountain that accompanies a death. Every time a letter addressed to my dad comes through the letter box, each time I have to inform some faceless person of his passing, I feel as though the fragile scab on my heart has been ripped off and I start bleeding again.

Needless to say, writing anything has proved... a major challenge. Although I show up at the keyboard every day the words aren't what they should be, and I'll be damned if I'll publish a substandard book in order to hit a self-imposed deadline. Nope. That's never going to happen.

So here's what I propose: I'm going to take a break, give myself the summer off to read my teetering tbr pile, to relax, and to have fun with my kids. When they return to school in September - all being well - I should, hopefully, be myself again, all fired up to hammer the second draft of Anselm's book into shape. That's the plan, anyway.

Don't worry. I'm not vanishing. I'll still be around online, hanging out with all my favourite peeps. I just won't be flogging myself to death, forcing myself to perform.

I really hope you understand. Love to you all. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!