Sunday 25 May 2014

Favourite characters...

One of my favourite characters from the 'Traveler' series is Martha's dog, Forge.

Hand on heart, I have no idea where he came from. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm 100% a cat person, so the arrival of this shaggy hound took me by surprise.

It's weird how much I love him. I mean, he never speaks, has no scenes of his own, but in my eyes he's as much a hero as Vadim. More so, in fact. His love and devotion to Martha is constant, he's utterly dependable, and he'd jump into the very fires of hell to save his mistress.

How can any leading man compete with that?

Here's the way I see Forge when I'm writing him:


 Forge: Scottish Deerhound and defender of distressed damsels! 

If you've read the book, how does my Forge compare with your image of him? If you haven't read the book, do you have a favourite animal character?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!