Tuesday 29 September 2015

I cannot tell a lie...

...from a lie!


I think I'm going to have to staple this handy wee guide to my forehead.

It's crazy. *sigh* Even after all these years, no matter what I do, I simple CANNOT get my poor old brain to assimilate the whole lay/lie/laid/lain thing. It makes about as much sense to me as algebra!

Here's something I've never admitted out loud: I regularly hit the on-line thesaurus in order to avoid having to use this troublesome word. So you might see my people 'reclining', or 'lounging', or even 'slumped', but you'll seldom see them actually lying... unless they're lying, of course!

How about you? Are there any words that get your synapses in a tangle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!