Monday 15 September 2014

Anyone for time travel?

Hands up who'd like to take a ride on my fancy shmancy time machine! Any takers? If so, where/when would you like to go? Will that be a single or return fare? (I'd love to take you for free but, honestly, these high-end flux capacitors are flippin' expensive to run!)

Leave me your requests in the comments below and I'll do my best to accommodate you. :)

Anyway, as you might expect, over the last few months (translation => years!!!), I've spent much of my free time 'hanging' in the middle ages with my book crew. Although it's a fascinating time period to visit, for a long list of reasons, I certainly wouldn't want to make it my permanent home.

The humble loo roll is just one of the everyday essentials I'd miss--that and indoor plumbing.

Bathroom facilities, or a lack thereof, is definitely something to consider when planning your trip across time. Imagine it, stranded in the merry olde days of yore, shut in a stinking privy with only a dock leaf/ball of moss to attend to your nether regions, especially during a lady's... special time of the month! Hardly a very romantic image, is it? *shudders*

No. I'll stay right here in the C21, thanks. How about you? What item would you miss most if you were marooned in your time period of choice?

*Funny. But I believe the Chinese might have invented it a little sooner than this date*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!