Tuesday 6 May 2014

Rousing stuff...

Creatively speaking, what is it that inspires you?  What kind of things make you want to pick up your pen, paintbrush, laptop, or whatever it is you use to create?

For me, the smell of a bonfire can transport my mind to a medieval encampment on the night before battle. The curlew's lonely song paints an image of a wild, windswept moorland. And the sea! Oh, the crash of waves over shingle and the sound of rolling pebbles as it retreats sends me back to the time of the Vikings.

Places inspire the writerly side of my brain too. Regular readers know that I'm a bit of a castle freak. In my time, I've been lucky enough to visit some really amazing places. Here's one that never fails to send me scrabbling for my pen.

Urquhart castle on the banks of Loch Ness.

So, some on. Tell me. What's your inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!