Saturday 18 April 2015

Book Three Update...

Hello campers! How's the weekend treating you all so far? What have you been up to?

It's been an absolute belter of a day here in Blighty. Nothing but blue sky, and wall-to-wall sunshine. Even better, I cracked on with the first draft of book three, and the finish line is finally in sight. And about flamin' time too!

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I'm what's known in the trade as a bit of a pantser (ie: a non-plotting writer.) What this means is that when I start writing, apart from a rather vague general heading heading, I have absolutely no idea where the story will take me.

My writing day mainly consists of me bimbling about and taking notes as I follow my characters around their lives inside my mind.

This may sound rather odd but the story is frequently as much a surprise to me as it is to you. Yes, really!

Take Anselm, for instance. I thought I knew him inside out and back to front, but it turns out I was wrong. So very wrong. That guy has depths that I never imagined. As a result, his story has been much more difficult to write than I anticipated. And to think, I once considered him shallow. My mistake.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, lovelies. But before I go, here's a piece of music that always summons my wandering muse - although it does date me a bit! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!