Saturday 30 August 2014

Rock of ages...

Crikey. That was a bloomin' quick week! It doesn't seem a minute ago that I was bidding you all a fond farewell! Anyway, how's your week been, my lovelies? I do hope it was as much fun as mine!

Well, we've just had the most fabulous week in North Wales. Although I'm now dead on my feet, my fun levels are registering 'full.' The kids had a total blast with their cousins, and it was great to spend some proper QT with my lovely SIL. During the past seven days, we've sampled the very best that Llandudno, Conwy, and Towyn had to offer, and we weren't disappointed.

The weather was as varied as our activities: driving rain followed by blazing sun then gale force winds! But a little thing like the weather couldn't stop us. Mais non, mes amies! We've done markets; visited funfairs--where some of us(!) have almost puked. We've ridden trams, visited ancient places; hunted for fossils; visited a nature reserve; paddled in the sea; eaten much more than was good for us (namely candy floss, fish 'n' chips, lots of hot, buttery bara brith, and do-nuts. Yum! Oh, and wine. Lots of wine...and whisky.)

And then, of course, there was the castle...Conwy castle. *sighs dreamily* It really is the most gob-smackingly gorgeous, toweringly awesome gray ruin.


Oh, c'mon. Just because book two's head is currently engaged doesn't mean that I've slaked my lust for all things castle-y!


You know how electric cars can 'plug in' at gas stations? Well that's what castles do for me. They recharge my writerly batteries and fill my head with ghostly fragments of pictures and conversations until my fingers are tingling to capture them on paper.




Who knows, maybe our Martha might get a book three after all! We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!